VoIP phone solutions have already become increasingly popular over the last few years. However, with more companies making provisions for their staff to be able to work from home in light of the current pandemic, VoIP adoption is climbing at an even faster rate.
VoIP not only helps to support remote working but also comes with a host of technical benefits, innovations and cost-savings. However, moving can be daunting; will there be interruptions in service? Will your employees struggle to get to grips with the new system?
For a lot of people, changing technology never seems to go well. There are always some hiccups and barriers that need to be overcome. However, moving to VoIP is much easier than you think. We’ve broken the process down into five easy steps to help show you just how easy it can be and remember, if it’s too much to handle for you at the moment, a good communications consultant will be able to take care of the whole process for you.
Five Steps to Switching to VoIP
- Choose a good VoIP provider
- There are tonnes of providers available to choose from in the current VoIP market. Choosing the right one can mean the difference between a hassle-free transition and a huge headache. Obviously, you want to choose a provider that has an excellent reputation for service and reliability but you also want to choose a system that is easy to implement and futureproof.
Some features to look for include:
- An intuitive interface
- A seamless experience across different devices
- Realtime admin and management functionality
- Proven reliability
- Expert assistance included in the cost
- Choose your equipment
- You don’t need a lot of equipment with a VoIP system. If you go with a hosted system there is no hardware to install at all. The only decision to make is which type of phones you want to use; IP desk phones that appear and work just like a traditional phone, softphones that work from your PC – all you need is a headset, or simply a mobile phone app that keeps employees communicating no matter where they are.
- Know your network and connectivity requirements
Test and train
- Like with any technology system, you should always test your system thoroughly before launch. If you have followed the above steps, you should have an experienced team of experts helping you through the installation process and they will be happy to help you make sure your new system is running smoothly as it should be. They can help you iron out any problems before the system goes live.
- Good VoIP systems are usually fairly intuitive, so training your staff should be quick and easy. Your provider can help with training and we would recommend training some core users first that can then help other members of your team.
- After following the above steps, you should now be ready to go live with your new VoIP system, it’s as easy as that. Your provider, or consultant, will continue to work with you and help you resolve any problems quickly and help you get the best out of your new system.
The most important requirement for a VoIP setup is a good Internet connection. It’s important to calculate your bandwidth needs before you implement any solution to ensure that you avoid dropped calls or poor-quality connection. A high-speed broadband connection with enough bandwidth to cover the number of lines using the service will be perfect, but we recommend you go for a bit more than you need to make sure you never compromise on quality. Your provider or a communications consultant should be able to help you calculate the bandwidth you need.
Speak to Kane
Kane Communications are here to help. We provide free, impartial advice, every step of the way to help you find the best solution and can deliver the perfect VoIP telephone system with all the features necessary to ensure optimum network performance.
Furthermore, many of the systems we offer can be deployed remotely. This means we can get you up and running quickly without needing to meet face-to-face or come into direct contact with anyone.
We understand that no two businesses are the same and use our knowledge and experience to deliver secure and reliable phone systems to help you provide your customers with an experience that is second to none.
Please feel free to drop us a line to discuss your needs in more detail.