It’s easy to just plod along with the systems we have in place. They work and, sure, they have moments where they cause us frustration, but they do what we need them to do and, besides, changing them is probably more hassle than it’s worth, right? The reality is, at least when it comes to communications, that’s wrong. The chances are that a cloud communications system will not only be more reliable than your existing system but that it will open your eyes to a world of new features to improve your organisation too. What’s more, switching to a more up-to-date, cloud telephony system is easier than you think!
These days, customers expect fast and precise communication via a variety of channels and staff need to collaborate remotely more and more as companies find themselves needing to support remote working. If your current telephone system can’t support this, then it’s definitely time for a change. Switching to a cloud telephony solution ensures employees can work and collaborate from anywhere while remaining accessible to your customers on a variety of different channels.
Mobility is just one problem solved by cloud telephony solutions. The chances are your system is already showing warnings that are hard to recognise. If you have noticed any of the following signs, perhaps it’s time to make the jump and upgrade your telephone system. We’ve put together six signs that call for a cloud telephony solution (excuse the pun) below:
Six Signs it’s Time to Upgrade Your Communications Technology
- Security is a hot topic at the moment, especially following the introduction of GDPR. Are you sure that your current system is protecting your sensitive information? Does your current provider offer Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (SRTP) that ensure your voice, web and signalling traffic is encrypted? If the answer is no then it could be time to change.
- In industries such as healthcare or finance, compliance is an important factor. Violations can be extremely expensive and damaging to your reputation. It’s important that you ensure high levels of security and protect sensitive data, if you can’t be sure that this is the case, then it’s time to switch. By using a reputable cloud telephony system such as MiCloud Connect from Mitel, you can do just that. MiCloud Connect is certified to meet Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards and Service Organization Control Type II (SOC 2) compliance.
- High Volumes of Traffic
- Are high volumes of traffic reducing the quality of your communications? Businesses rely on reliable and consistent networks. Slow-downs, dropped calls and low-quality video slow down businesses and impact your employees and customers. A cloud telephony system with proven uptime and connectivity could fix all your problems (with communications at least).
- How easy is it for you to add new phone lines into your system? As your business grows or demand increases, can you add more users to your system quickly and efficiently? Can you remove them just as easily? A cloud telephony system is extremely flexible and can meet increased or reduced demands at the click of a button.
- Are you using collaboration tools? Excellent customer experience can be difficult to deliver when employees have to take extra steps to discuss issues. Cloud telephony opens up a host of collaboration tools making it easier for employees to exceed customer expectations.
- Is your time taken up by managing multiple licences? With a cloud solution, you can mix and match license types. You can add contact centre capabilities and collaboration tools on-demand and manage each user via their own profile. Furthermore, your provider is responsible for infrastructure, you don’t have to worry about maintenance or equipment.
It’s Time to Make a Change
If any of these situations ring alarm bells, then it’s time to make a change. If you would like to hear more about how a cloud telephony solution can benefit your business, Kane Communications are here to help. We provide free, impartial advice, every step of the way to help you find the best solution and can deliver the perfect package with features that suit you.
Kane is a leading, independent telecoms company based in South Wales. We understand that no two businesses are the same and use our knowledge and experience to deliver secure and reliable phone systems to help you provide your customers with an experience that is second to none.
Please feel free to drop us a line to discuss your needs in more detail.