2020 has arrived and so we have decided to kick off this next decade with some top VoIP trends to look out for this year. If you’ve been thinking of upgrading your phone system, and if you are still using analogue phone lines you probably should be, it’s worth knowing what features are available and what we expect to become more popular. Even if you’re not looking to upgrade, technology changes very quickly, so it’s worth making sure you are up-to-date with everything that’s going on in the world of VoIP so you can stay ahead of the game.
Of course, all businesses are different, so some features or trends may not be relevant to you. If you’re not sure of how you can make the most of VoIP, Kane would be happy to talk through your requirements and put together a system that delivers everything you need.
So, without further ado, here are some VoIP trends to look out for in 2020.
- Increased VoIP Security & Compliance Demands
- Serious businesses are relying on hosted VoIP to carry vital communications and sensitive information. Therefore, organisations are demanding more security from their VoIP solutions. Mitel is one of the world’s leading VoIP providers and take the security of their systems very seriously.
- Accelerated Adoption of Hosted VoIP
- Adoption of hosted VoIP has been rising for years, but recently it has been rising at a faster rate than expected. This is likely to be due to the unique features that VoIP has to offer and the impending end of analogue phone lines. This rapid rise in adoption, means more VoIP providers have more resources to invest in more robust, reliable and inventive hosted VoIP systems and, ultimately, more features for you.
- VoIP System Value Vs Lowest Price
- There are plenty of VoIP providers offering cheap VoIP services. However, organisations are no longer just looking for the cheapest price. Sure, they want value for money, but with the abundance of features available with VoIP, more businesses are looking for a system that can provide value. Cheap VoIP systems are exactly that, cheap. They have clunky interfaces, minimal features, poor customer support and hardly any integration functionality. More sophisticated systems may cost a little more money, but the features they provide can really improve the way you operate, the customer experience you provide and your profit. Additionally, most systems can be tailored exactly to your needs and can be scaled up or down on the fly, meaning you are only paying for exactly what you need and not just a one-size-fits-all system.
- VoIP Playing A Bigger Role In Call Centres
- In the early days, VoIP was a just used tool for companies to communicate internally. However, as VoIP systems become more sophisticated and customers demand increased levels of customer service and better customer experience, more and more contact centres are adopting hosted VoIP call centre solutions. These call centre solutions can provide an omnichannel solution (allowing agents to communicate with customers through whichever channel the customer prefers; email, phone, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and many more), call recording, analytics, flexibility, scalability, queue management… the list goes on!
- More Levels Of Service & Customization
- As we mentioned earlier, one-size-fits-all is simply no longer an option. No matter what their size, companies are moving to hosted VoIP. Large companies, medium-sized companies, companies with complex needs, companies with only the most basic needs; all companies can benefit from a tailored solution that suits their requirements. Better still, thanks to the flexibility of VoIP systems they can be easily scaled up or down and additional features can be added or taken; whatever happens, your VoIP system can evolve with you.
There you have it. These are just some of the VoIP trends to be aware of when you are looking to adopt a new VoIP system or update an existing one.
If you haven’t yet taken advantage of some of the benefits of hosted VoIP and would like to know how to implement them for your business, please feel free to get in touch on 02921 111202 or email@example.com.
Kane is a leading, independent telecoms company based in South Wales. We understand that no two businesses are the same and use our knowledge and experience to deliver secure and reliable phone systems to help you to provide your customers with an experience that is second to none.