Cloud backup solutions have become increasingly popular over the last few years with more and more companies of all shapes and sizes taking advantage of their powerful features.
Data backup is essential for any modern business. Data is a critical part of any business and ensuring that data is backed up, accessible and secure is vital.
Before cloud backup as-a-service became available, following the best practices for backing up data was difficult. There was no simple solution for storing data in an off-site location. Therefore, many companies lacked the resources to back up their data effectively and some suffered disastrous consequences as a result.
Cloud backup as-a-service provides a cost-effective and reliable solution for data backup and is now being used by thousands of companies to keep their data safe and compliant with secure data regulations. However, some are yet to embrace the features it has to offer.
What to Look for in a Cloud Backup Solution
There are several characteristics to consider when looking to employ a cloud backup solution for your organisation. These include:
- Industry-leading software
- Look for software that has been designed to take advantage of today’s highly virtualised environments with modern features such as end-to-end encryption and simple, high-bandwidth connectivity to transfer your backups off-site and into the cloud servers backup repository.
- A broad ecosystem of cloud partners
- Look for systems that cover all of the major public cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud, as well as a wide range of managed cloud service providers that can offer you guidance and assistance.
- Features and Functions
- Consider the best features and functions that your cloud backup solution can provide for your business. Are you looking for a simple repository or are you trying to maximise availability and data protection?
Ultimately, when choosing a cloud-based backup solution for your business, one that provides the following features can help ensure that you are following best practises for data backup:
- Hosted off-site backups
- Complete visibility and control
- Modern backup architecture
- End-to-end encryption
- Built-in WAN acceleration technology
- A broad ecosystem of cloud service providers
Kane Communications Can Help
Kane has worked with a range of different suppliers to provide cloud backup services to a variety of different businesses. We pride ourselves on getting to know the individual needs of each and every business to ensure that we advise and deliver the best possible solution to help organisations fine-tune their communication and backup practices, improve their customer experience and, ultimately, generate more revenue.